Thursday, March 20, 2008

Killer Koalas!

So I’m at the Sydney Wildlife World with my aunt and her daughter in-law, Madeline, and we’re having a great time checking out the animals and just walking around. The Koala Bear section is at the top on the roof and they basically rip you off by secluding the Koalas, however you can get a better look if you decide to pay to get a photo with them. Madeline wants me to get my picture taken with the Koalas and insists on paying for it as her gift to me. I think it’s sweet, I like the Koalas, and a cheesy photo sounds like a deal. So they have 2 little Koalas in a tree, one on the right which you CANNOT touch, and one on the left which you CAN pet, but only on it’s back. I learn that Koalas are nocturnal and so the photographer tells me that they have a span of 5 minutes before these Koalas totally crash and there’s a line of people waiting for their photo with the little guys, so it’s a very quick in and out sorta thing. I stand next to the tree like I’m told and she says, in a very Aussie accent of course, “you can touch it’s back, but not it’s head, and it’s only this one that you can touch”…. “great!” I reply enthusiastically as I place my hand on the little sleepy guy’s back and pet it. He’s soft and wicked cuute!! I then move my hand and just touch the branch above his soft little back when all of a sudden, the little dude on the right who’s a bit more awake and alert, slowly bends his head down and bites me!!!!! I quickly move my hand and shriek then laugh hysterically. Seriously, it was so quick and yet in slow motion, the oddest thing ever! He really didn’t bite me hard, it was just a quick little bitey ☺ I think for a second maybe he thought I was some fancy leaf, but he was so chill about it, didn’t even react at all, it was hilarious in my opinion!! The photographer of course is like freaking out and worried, probably because she should be as there are liability issues and people are watching, but I assure her that I’m fine although I’m a bit surprised by it. She finally takes the picture, and I leave, still laughing. If I’m gonna get bit, I want it to be a something real and dramatic, an adventurous story…like surviving a shark attack…but a who gets bit by a Koala?? So lame! It wasn’t even a bite, it was like a nibble/finger massage….only me. You can’t take me anywhere ☺

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! bitten by a koala bear! so funny. i am picturing you being bitten and i am laughing out loud in my office. that might sound mean, but you are ok, so it's fine to laugh. do you have a red mark or scar or anything? if not, make one.

MattM said...

That is so hilarious, I wish I could have been there to witness that! There are very few people in this world that can make that claim, I hope you treasure that experience forever! I agree with Matthew, make a scar there and embellish the story a little!

Sarah Mae said...

Hey Lo, go to my blog, I have a special award for you... :)